Habitat for Humanity International and its affiliated organizations will not proselytize. Nor will HFH work with entities or individuals who insist on proselytizing as part of their work with HFH. This means that HFH will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must adhere to or convert to a particular faith or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.
Why We Do It
- Imagine living where you did not feel safe due to physical threats, gang harassment, drug rings or drunks.
- Imagine if your home did not have heat or air conditioning.
- Imagine the fear of falling through rotting floors just crossing a room in your home.
- Imagine your household electrical system being a combination of extension cords.
- Imagine plumbing leaks damaging multiple rooms in your home.
- Imagine not having a yard or safe place for your children to play.
- Imagine being the breadwinner and not having a bedroom to sleep in.
- Imagine living in small quarters with multiple families.
- Imagine your landlord refusing to fix problems or being afraid of negative consequences if you request repairs.
- Imagine roof damage, usually from poorly maintained evaporative coolers, resulting in leakage which causes wall and floor damage inside.
- Imagine only having one operable door into a home and windows that do not operate should a fire break out.
- Imagine the lack of ventilation when windows do not operate.
These are the housing conditions we at Mesilla Valley Habitat for Humanity are working to eliminate in Las Cruces.